Tired of your average headphones? The best bone conduction headphones will transform your listening experience, focusing on helping you feel the vibration of each note.
Bone conduction headphones are a type of headphones that use vibrations to transmit sound directly to the inner ear through the bones in the skull, bypassing the eardrum. This technology is particularly useful for people with hearing loss, as well as those who want to be aware of their surroundings while listening to music or taking calls.
Here are some of the best bone conduction headphones on the market:
1. Aftershokz Aeropex: The Aftershokz Aeropex is one of the most popular bone conduction headphones available today. It features Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, a long battery life of up to eight hours, and an IP67 rating for water and sweat resistance. The Aeropex uses bone conduction technology to deliver clear sound without blocking the ear canal, and it comes with a two-year warranty.
2. Shokz OpenRun Pro also shares an open-ear design, skipping the in-ear buds so common with other types of headphones. To help them stay in place during your workout, there is a Shokz headband included with your bone conduction headphones. Shokz's ninth bone conduction technology means excellent sound with fantastic clarity and bass for a listening experience that is far from jeopardized by your workout. The titanium frame simply wraps around your head for a lightweight fit that is easy to wear when you are most active.
3. Vidonn F1 Titanium: The Vidonn F1 Titanium is a budget-friendly option for bone conduction headphones. It features a titanium frame, Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, and a long battery life of up to six hours. The F1 Titanium also comes with a one-year warranty.
4. Bose Frames Tempo: The Bose Frames Tempo is a unique combination of sunglasses and bone conduction headphones. The sunglasses feature Bluetooth connectivity and bone conduction technology, allowing you to listen to music and take calls while still being aware of your surroundings. The Frames Tempo also has an IPX4 rating for water and sweat resistance.
5. Mairdi M100: The Mairdi M100 Bluetooth bone conduction headphone is designed with remote and office workers in mind. The CVC8.0 dual-mic noise canceling technology eliminates background noises effectively for clear conversations even in loud environments. The extra Bluetooth adapter for connecting with PC for hands-free phone calls or video conferences in the office. The M100 also has an IPX7 rating for water and sweat resistance.
6. Mairdi M100R: Mairdi Introducing M100R wireless sports headphones, the most premium headphones ever. With patented Bass Enhanced Technology and 360° sealed cavity, M100R has excellent sound quality, stunning deep bass, and rich details, and effectively reduces sound leakage. Its open-ear design and bone conduction technology allow you to hear audio while staying aware of your surroundings.
What are bone conduction headphones and how do they work?
Bone conduction headphones work by transmitting sound through vibrations that are delivered to the inner ear through the bones in the skull. The headphones sit on the cheekbones, and the vibrations are transmitted directly to the inner ear, bypassing the eardrum. This technology was first developed for military and medical use but has since been adapted for consumer use. That allows you to listen to music or take calls while still being aware of your surroundings, making it an ideal choice for outdoor activities or people with hearing loss.